Advertisement

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Steve Jobs tried herbal remedies, acupuncture and Psychic consultation


Dear insansapinas.


Alternative healing methods
His biography tells the readers how difficult Steve Jobs was as a patient. Instead of undergoing surgery in 2003 when the tumor was discovered, he used other alternative healing methods to the point of consulting a psychic.And this was not his desperate recourse.


Former Apple chief Steve Jobs was notoriously difficult, not least as a cancer patient, it turns out.
After discovering in October 2003 that he had a pancreatic tumor, he put off the surgery that doctors recommended to see if a "few other things would work," Jobs told his biographer Walter Isaacson (TIME's former managing editor) — "other things" like a vegan diet, acupuncture, herbal remedies and other alternative therapies, even psychic consultation.
State-of-the-art-cancer-treatment 


A billionaire who can afford the state of the art cancer treatment, Jobs after trying other things was prevailed on to undergo surgery in 2004  but unfortunately the cancer has already spread to his liver. It was just a matter of nine months. 
Jobs was among the first 20 people in the world to have a complete sequencing of all of the genes of his cancer tumor, and of his normal DNA. In this way, his medical team could choose specific drugs targeted at the molecular pathways that were promoting the abnormal growth of cancer cells. "I'm either going to be one of the first to be able to outrun a cancer like this, or I'm going to be one of the last to die from it," Jobs told Isaacson.
Spirituality


From a non-believer, he started believing in God when he was diagnosed with cancer. Like in foxholes, there  are also no atheists among cancer patients.  



Jobs also was a Buddhist and a spiritual person whose religious beliefs were altered by his cancer diagnosis, Isaacson said."I remember sitting in his backyard in his garden one day and he started talking about God. He said, 'Sometimes I believe in God, sometimes I don't. I think it's 50-50 maybe."But ever since I've had cancer, I've been thinking about it more. And I find myself believing a bit more. I kind of -- maybe it's 'cause I want to believe in an afterlife. That when you die, it doesn't just all disappear. The wisdom you've accumulated. Somehow it lives on.' "
Pinaysaamerika 

No comments: