Advertisement

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Potter's Field

Dear insansapinas,

I am reading a medical thriller where the professor gathered his students to give thanks to the cadavers they used for the school year. He explained that they may be dead already but they still deserve dignity in sending them to their final destination.

CDO and Iligan- Some of the cadavers which could not be identified were put in the landfill as if they were thrash to be disposed to make the area clean and sanitary. At first, the plan was to make it permanent but the outrage of many victims who have not found their relatives changed their statements.
It may be true that the bloating bodies may trigger epidemic but they could think of something else that the dead may receive decent burial.

In the harsh jungle of the states of US, even the indigent  people who died and whose bodies were not claimed are interred in what they call potter's field. At nasabihan pa tayong Christians.

Before the calamity, I had a recurring dreaming about people inside a pit extending their hands as if asking for help. I was so scared that I did not want to close my eyes. It is not because I am afraid of them. I am afraid of what is going to happen.

**************
If you are fond of watching TV series, you will noticed that communications are done thru videoconferencing, taxts or e-mails. No need for personal contacts. So when I read that there is a need for coordination with other agencies before the President can fly to the disaster area, I am sure that the person who made the statement knew nothing but to tweet. TWEET TWEET.

I am more convinced that there were a lot of party schedules lined up and among them was the party for Cabinet officials.

No comments: