Advertisement

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Ecumenical

Dear insansapinas,

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays !!!


My father was an Aglipayan, my mother was a Catholic but my mom would instruct my cousin to bring me to the Catholic Church when I was young to attend the holy mass. Sabi niya kasi noon daw nag-attend siya ng misa sa Aglipay, umiiyak yong anak ng pari at tawag ng tawag sa tatay. jejeje.


My grandfather was a Protestant and my grandmother would go to either  to Catholic or Aglipayan church or whichever was more convenient to go. Sabi niya, isa lang naman daw ang Diyos eh. She was raised by my religious grandmother  who cried buckets when she saw the Japanese planes flying during the World War 2. She thought that they were crosses flying in the sky. End of the world na raw where she was partly correct because millions died.


My late father-in-law was Jewish while his son's faith depends upon the religion of his current flame. Catolico siya pag Catolico ang nililigawan niya. mwehehe.Kesehodang umusok siya pag pumasok sa cathedral. 



My mother-in-law was agnostic. She was educated in Catholic school system but her father was Jewish. She saw the horrors of war before she was sent for by his father from Germany.  Her daughters are protestants because the husbands are sons of Protestant ministers. 


We are of different religious orientations but come Christmas time, we celebrated the holidays with gift giving and greetings of love. So I am greeting each and every one of you, whatever your religion  is. Nasaan regalo ko?


Pinaysaamerika 




No comments: