Advertisement

Friday, March 26, 2010

Shoes Ku Po

Dear insansapinas,
Some people say that I have a heart of stone. Yong bang parang panghilod. mwhehehe.

I do not easily fall in love and when I do, I am not demonstrative but I walk like I were in the cloud.


I did fall in love. (note the verb did) especially when I do windowshopping or people watching. Confusing? Eh ano ba ang akala ninyo.


I am talking about shoes. May pagka Imelda rin ako kasi noon. I did fall in love with high heeled shoes especially when I was several pounds lighter. I like something that would enhance my height. Yon bang mga 3 feet pa, so I can ask people, how's the weather down there? Ngayon hindi na.


I am 5' 2 " so add three more inches and that would be 5'5" . At the time, high heeled shoes were like my walking and running shoes. Meron pa noon talagang mataas na sabi ng mga estudyante ko kung hindi raw ako natatapilok. May balak pa yata ang salbahe.


It was only when I moved to San Francisco that I started wearing low-heeled or flat soft Italian leather shoes. Pag lumakad ka dito ng nakahigh heels at matigas na sapatos, pag-uwi mo, hindi ka na makatayo sa sakit ng kalyo at ng muscle sa paa.


I did not know that high-heeled shoes were also popular in the 15th and 18th century.


Nakita ninyo yong sapatos sa itaas? Cork lang pala yon. That time, ubos ang supply ng cork para sa sapatos ng mga babae. (I cannot put the link, wala na iyong article and I was not able to bookmark it before I logged off).


Eto medyo familiar. May nakita akong ganitong sapatos sa boss kong babae. Ang tawag ko Buwaya. Pag natusok ka, baka parang baloon na puputok. Mga 18th century yata ito.





Ito paano kaya sila nakakalakad nito. Sabagay, nagtiis nga ang mga babaeng magsuot ng corsets for centuries para magmukhang sexy, ito pang sapatos na palagay ko natatakpan ng kanilang mahahabang skirt.


Kung Fu Shoes pa rin?


Pinaysaamerika

No comments: