Advertisement

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Calculator and Cell Phone

Dear insansapinas,
I could not believe that I missed one day blogging. Last Saturday, I went to Staples to buy a calculator. I thought it is already an obsolete gadget, what with the computer and a customized spreadsheet to do the long, tedious computation for me. But then, I have to switch or minimize  windows to use online calc and or process the formula with excel. ( ang bigat pa naman ng bintana namin)  I bought the cheaper model with a 5 dollar price off. I found out from the cashier that I can get the rebate by mailing the receipt and something, something. Ahhhhhhhhh.


I chose the A/C DC. My brother asked me how long can I consume the batteries? Trust me, it would not last long. It is also the type which has a paper tape to print the numbers in case I need to keep a record. Force of habit of being an Accountant. Arghhhhh.


My other reason for choosing a bigger model is because I am used to working with the remote and phone by my side. Sometimes when the phone rings, I PICKED UP THE REMOTE AND SAY HELLAW. (slap forehead, tseh ang tumawa). Then while I was watching my favorite series one late night, I  remembered that it was the final episode of another favorite TV series so I reached for the remote and wondered why the channel is not changing but I can hear the titutitutitu (a sound when you dial the phone). LINTEK, TELEPONO PALA YONG HAWAK KO.


Eh kung idagdag ko pa ang calculator?


CELL  PHONE


When I went home to the Philippines, I planned to bring my disposable prepaid cell phone, only to find out that it won't work back home. There's no worry. Philippines is the land of cell phones where a household has more than one cell phone, from the father to the 4 year old baby and the helps, I can easily borrow one.


Having watched spy series where cell phones can be used as detonator for bombs, am I surprised of this forward mail  by bayi? Naaah.

He wrote: 

Cell phone guns have arrived.  And they are real.
Beneath the digital phone face is a .22 caliber handgun capable of firing four rounds in rapid succession using the standard telephone keypad. European law enforcement officials are stunned by the discovery of these deadly decoys. They say phone guns are changing the rules of engagement in Europe .
Only when you have one in your hand do you realize that they are heavier than a regular cell phone.

When I was working in the cell phone company, we were using the cell phone/two way radio type. They were small but oh boy, they were heavy that I found them very useful as paper weights.

But nothing can beat the first model of cell phones that only people with "money" can afford to buy back in the early 90's. For me, it is also a weapon of destruction. It is bulky and came with a heavier charger. 

Pag binato ka noon tiyak kang  I-see-you in ICU. 

Pinaysaamerika 

No comments: