This coming Monday, the impeachment trial of SCJ Corona is going to start. If I were him, I'll really be scared. He is not facing a battery of lawyers as prosecutors--but a battalion of them.
For the purpose of recognizing the people in this coming "teleserye"
to find out who make the booboos and who are the heroes and anti-heroes I published here the backgrounds of the eleven House Prosecutors and names of the 57 prosecuting attorneys. Magigiba ang favorite legal oriented drama series kong The Good Wife nito. hehehehe.
Another purpose is to correct the wrong notions of the some observers about the prosecutors. Naaah, not all of them were Ateneo graduates--only six out of 11. The education profile of the lead prosecutor can not be found in Google.
Being a lifetime member of PICPA is not an achievement. All you have to do is to pay the lifetime membership fee.
Filipino lawyers and accountants (in the past years) were given reciprocity by some States in the US. Nothing to crow about.
Practising lawyers still need to research and study cases. The reviewers and and professors review textbook theories books and review materials. What if you are not practicing at all? Follow Miriam's advice. Study the impeachment procedures.
Here are the profiles of the prosecutors/panel.
1. • Cavite Rep. Joseph Emilio Abaya
1.Great grandson of the first Philippine president, Emilio Aguinaldo,
2. Elementary- DLSU
3. High School - Philippine Science High School
4. US Naval Academy - BS Math
5. MS in Engineering
5. ATENEO - Law 2007
6. Authored 21 measures
2. • Isabela Rep. Giorgidi Aggabao
1. Bar Reviewer, FEU; College of Law Lecturer and associate Attorney of Siguion-Reyna, Montecillo and Ongsiako
2. Elementary and High School= La Sallete
3. DLSU -BS Commerce 1975
4. ATENEO - Law 1980
5. Authored 27 House Measures.
3. • Akbayan party-list Kaka J. Bag-ao
1. Convenor of Alternative Law Group
2. Pre- College - South Eastern College 1985
3. ATENEO - Law 1993
4. Authored 39 House Measures
4. • Dasmariñas City Rep. Elpidio Barzaga Jr.
1. Bar Reviewer, CPA/Lawyer
2. Elementary- Dasmarinas Elementary School-Valedictorian
3. High School- Immaculate Conception - Valedictorian
4. San Beda- BS Commerce- Accounting
5. FEU- Law
6. Authored 25 House Measures
5. • Bayan Muna party-list Rep. Neri Colmenares
1. Human Rights Lawyer/ Student Activist
2. College- San Besa College- AB Economics
3. UP- Law
4, Completing doctorate in Law with Melbourne University
5. He authored 46 House Measures.
6. • Northern Samar Rep. Raul Daza
1. Bar Topnotcher/Governor of Samar 2001 to 2010
2. UE - BSBA -Accounting
3. UP - Law 1958
4, Member of the State Bar of California and passed a recognized CPA in USA. (Hanggang ngayon ba?_
5. Lifetime member of PICPA
6. He authored 21 House measures.
7. Rep. Rodolfo Fariñas
1. Former husband of si Ako, si Ikaw; mayor and governor of Laoag
2. Fariñas was a consistent honor student during his elementary and secondary school days.
3. Ateneo- AB
4. Ateneo- Law
5. Topnotcher in the Bar 1978 us private organizations.
6. He authored 29 House Measures
8. Rep. Marlyn Primicias-Agabas
1. Agabas is the granddaughter of former senator Cipriano Primicias Sr.
2. UST and San Beda - Law
3. She is a member of the Federacion International de Abogadas and the Women Lawyers Association of the Philippines.
4. She authored 19 house measures
9. Rep. Sherwin Tugna
1. He has his own Law practice after working in ANGARA, ABELLO,CONCEPCION, REGALA and Cruz Law Offices
2. UST- BS Commerce
3. ATENEO- Law
4. He joined the firm of Puyat Jacinto and Santos Law Offices as a junior associate lawyer.
5. He put up his own law firm Tugna Jala and Associates Law Offices in 2009.
6. He authored six house measures
10. Rep. Niel Tupas
1.Tupas is the head of the prosecution panel of the House of Representatives.
2. No Academic profile even in wikipedia.
3. He authored 26 House measures.
11. Rep. Reynaldo Umali
1. Umali worked at the National Economic Development Authority in various capacities from 1979 to 1985.He was Deputy Commissioner of the Bureau of Customs 2007-2010
2. San Beda and MLQ University - Law
3. ATENEO- Pre-Law
4. University of Southern California- management course
5. He authored 36 house measures.
via : http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleId=767971&publicationSubCategoryId=6359 Lawyers
And here is the List of private lawyers: Sumusobra na kayo pag lalagyan ko pa ng photos at profile yan. Fifty seven yan ha.
- Marlon Manuel
- Magis Mendoza
- Joeven Dellosa
- Reagan de Guzman
- Levy Ang
- Jan Perry Eugenio
- Peter Leo Mendiola
- Marl Chester Ti
- Jane Laarni Pichay
- Esteban Mendoza
- Gilbert Viloria
- Conrado Sarmiento
- Michelle Ann Erum
- Pedro Aquino
- Mario Valderrama
- Jenny Vi Buslig
- Henedino Brondial
- Rex Rico
- Renato Samonte Jr.
- Jose Luis Rey Munsayac
- Manuel Manuel
- Max Banares Jr.
- Michael Millares
- Ariel Radovan
- Arjay Peralta
- Harry Roque Jr.
- Joel Butuyan
- Roger Rayel
- Romel Bagares
- Dexter Donne Dizon
- Allan Jones Lardizabal
- Gilbert Andres
- Federico Roxas II
- Norma Singson-De Leon
- Claro Mamaril
- Vitaliano Aguirre II
- Arthur Lim
- Jose Justiniano
- Augusto Panlilio
- Gregorio Batiller
- Winston Ginez
- Xerxes Cortel
- Clarence Jandoc
- John Roldan
- Frederick Vallestero
- Ernesto Viovicente
- Vanessa Maguigad
- Jovenio Evangelista
- Cristina Yambot
- Al Parreno
- Emil Capulong
- Cheryl Daytec
- Janne Baterna
- Ramon Te
- Bodie Naval
- Rosario Bautista
- Lauro Gacayan
Good Luck Gentlemen!!!