Advertisement

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Do You Hear Voices?

Dear insansapinas,


I am feeling good today. Kasi siguro maaga ako naligo. bwahahaha. There are times when I feel pain that I ask God, if it is my time already. So tawad muna ako. Sabi niya siguro panay ang tawad mo. 
You know, I may have the superheroine complex but I am still a Cat  errm human. But this is not my story. 


No one woke me up whispering in my ears. For the last few days, I can hear some (hindi lang isa) calling my name. The monicker I used when I was decades younger and only my close friends call me by that name. So who's calling me that I startled and got out from bed with eyebags and all. I did not have eyebags before. Not even after I cried drums of tears. (ayan drum na yan ha). But going back to these voices, do you experience hearing voices, telling you not to do it or to do it?It's your conscience Virginia or are they the right and left hemispheres of your brain ?  These voices I am telling you are not necessarily prophetic in nature. 


So what are you going to do? STOP DRINKING COFFEE. You heard it right. toink toink toink.


Ito ang resulta ng study ginawa sa Australia.


If you're hearing voices in your head, you may want to cut back on the caffeine. A recent Australian study showed a link between heavy coffee consumption, stress -- and auditory hallucinations.
"We believe that high stress, in addition to taking high levels of caffeine, makes people yet more stressed and thus makes them more likely to 'overreact' to the environment -- i.e., to hear things that just aren’t there," explains Simon Crowe, the lead author of the study and a located in Bundoora, Victoria.
 Whoa, baka stress and not the caffeine. I heard a voice before telling me not to drink coffee. Siguro kalaban ng Starbucks.Lugi ang Starbucks sa akin. While working in the San Francisco financial district, I would see corporate slaves patiently waited for their cup of caffeine from Starbucks while I  had already my quota of one cup of decaf a day at home.



 Nah, I did not even drink brewed coffee from our coffee maker in the office. Isang dekada yata ang nakakaraan bago nila palitan ang filter. Yuck. 


So what I mean to say here, I did not need coffee to hear the voices. Do you?


Pinaysaamerika  

No comments: