Advertisement

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tribute in Light

Dear insansapinas,

It was September 11 when I landed in Reagan International Airport coming from California, four years ago. 
My brother picked me up from the airport, drove around and pointed to me the tribute light.


The Tribute in Light is an art installation of 88 searchlights placed next to the site of the World Trade CenterSeptember 11 attacks.
source: wikipedia


My friend in New Jersey who worked in New York could not forget that day when stopping for breakfast in a small cafe must have saved her life. She should have been in the office at 9 am ET. Her office was near the Word Trade Center.

At 8:46 am ET American Airlines Flight 11 was crashed into the World Trade Center's North Tower, followed by United Airlines Flight 175 which hit the South Tower at 9:03 a.m.



All she remembered now was she was walking with a crowd who's  being directed by the police to the ferry, away from Ground Zero. They were given a bottle of water each. The evacuation was orderly. Her asthma was acting up because of the air laden with dusts.


I was in the Philippines at that time. We just had arrived from Batangas where my friends and I had a blast eating bulalo, buying fruit and visiting our psychic friend.



The lady friend of mine who drove for us  heard the news over the car radio when she went back to the car get her purse. We watched the  news in the TV.


My flight back to the US was postponed indefinitely. My employer understood.

Pinaysaamerika

No comments: