Advertisement

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Sacrilegious Art is an ART Not

Dear insansapinas,




I, myself have been a beneficiary of miracles based on my faith and no artist can persuade me to appreciate a trash art. 


I've read about the CCP "penis and condom art" weeks ago. I did not bother to comment to avoid more publicity of these art pieces which are deemed sacrilegious by Christians particularly the Catholics. 


I know that it is one way of promoting the exhibit--to create controversy. I also believe that the reason the artist is into this form of art is to create a niche in the art world so that he may  be 
recognized from a dozen a dime starving artists churning art pieces which they can hardly sell.   


According to what I read, this is the artist's  way of expressing his  reaction on Catholic's worship of idols. This is an ignorance of the Catholic belief and a violation of human right--to practice one's own belief.  We do not worship idols; we venerate them. Are kissing and talking to the picture of a loved one, a kind of worship especially when you miss them ?


What parents or children would like the pictures of their loved ones desecrated? 


Freedom of expression? My foot. Cussing someone in public is not a freedom of expression. Desecrating someone's belief is not a freedom of expression.


Freedom of religion is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance.


According to the artist, the paintings were exhibited in other parts of the world and no one raised a howl. I remember a few years ago before the Twin Towers catastrophe, the same kind of art was exhibited in a New York Museum.
US is not a Catholic nation but the petition to stop the exhibit reached us in California.



Do you think any sensible Christian who buys this kind of art even if he subscribe to the belief of the artist will  hang the painting in his office where clients/ customers can see them and become disgusted? Will he keep that in the house where visiting friends may find the painting offensive?


  


Pinaysaamerika





No comments: