Advertisement

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ding G. Gagelonia, RIP

Dear insansapinas,


I was going over the hospital statement for my procedure last January (I can already buy an SUV; ang hirap magstay ng buhay. groan.) while browsing the internet this early morning when I came across a blog that was dedicated to Ding G. Gagelonia. Ding G. Gagelonia who? He was a journalist, a father and a blogger. His blog was At Midfield where his last entry was March 20, 2011. He passed away but the cause of death was not mentioned.


Do I know him personally? No. But we were together in the Filipino Voices a blog founded by Nick (Tingog). The blog was deleted after the election last year. Among the writers, Ding was one of those who did not resort to ad hominems when I became ballistic. He was respectful to a few ladies in the forum, the most was only two  among several male writers. We are both in the US. Another lady joined when I left the forum (pabalik-balik lang naman ako) .


Sa akin nga trabaho lang yan. Nakikipagwrestling ako sa debate pero hanggang doon lang yon. At syempre minsan nababanggit ko sa aking blog lalo pag umuusok ang aking ilong. I have no political affiliation and I did not support any candidate because I wanted to be objective. Kaya magkaiba man kami  ng pananaw ni Ding Gagelonia, wala kaming away dahil I respected opinions and so was the choice of candidate he supported.  

To Ding Gagelonia, may you rest in peace and to the family, condolence.


Pinaysaamerika 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....
kilala ko sya mam pero sa blogsphere lang, we also had some short email exchanges before nung kainitan pa ng FV then suddenly nga e nawala.
para sakin he's a gentleman at nirerespeto ko sya,madalas din akong mag comment sa mga blog post nya, He may rest in peace and condolence to his family.
~lee

cathy said...

nagkaroon yata siya ng problema. sayang hindi na lang pinabayaan ni nick yong FV kahit hindi active.