Advertisement

Sunday, July 15, 2012

High Blood Pressure and Masamang Damo

Dear insansapinas,
Even if I was checked out from the hospital and rehab, the attending medical staff asked  me to approve the home visitations of the nurse, therapist and nursing assistants. Hokey, except for the nursing assistant whose function is to assist me in bathing. Silipan pa niya ako. Tse. There is no need naman eh because my brother installed a grab bar for me to hold on when I get to the bath tub, a rubber bath mat to make the tub flooring not slippery and a hand-held shower to enable me to control the temperature and flow of the water from the bath water pipe. Meron pang upuan.


My primary doctor temporarily asked me to stop diabetic and blood pressure meds so that the nurse has to monitor my vital signs. I've got also sphygmomanometer, pulse meter and glucometer but the determination as to what readings are good for me depend on the nurse.

 Kaso ang problema, dahil and bayad sa kanila ay per visit /per patient, gusto nila maraming mavisit. So, kapag may bago silang tanggap at nagconflict sa sched mo, itatry nilang baguhin ang iyong sked kung papayag ka, May isang araw na limang beses yatang tumawag para palitan from 3 to 11 or 10 to 1. . Minsan triny nilang magpalit ng sked to the extent na yong physical therapist gustong pumunta rito pagkagaling ko sa doctor para maaccomodate yong bagong pasyente. Ano siya nababaliw?  Paano akong makakapag-exercise kung halos hindi ako makalakad sa pagod. Sabi ko, NO. Kumg hindi siya pwede, di huwag siyang pumunta. taray.


Kahapon, tumatawag na naman, kung pwede raw ngayong Sunday. Ano? Wala na ba silang day of worship. Sabi ko, NO. Ako na lang ang mag-eexercise.


Masamang Damo


I talked with a friend of mine. She told me that our co-faculty in the Graduate School died of heart attack last June 20.



I told her that despite the oxygen given me by the ER medical staff, I still stopped breathing. My nurse friend explained to me that my lungs were not functioning.


That co-faculty of mine and I  teased  each other that mas masamang damo ako. 


Pinaysaamerika



No comments: