Advertisement

Friday, September 12, 2008

Bed sharing is not good for men according to survey.


Dear insansapinas.

I like this article of mine in my other blog.


Read this, humans from Mars. But don't bitchslap me...I am only a messenger from Venus. nyahahaha.

If the survey is to be believed, I would not be surprised if a brain charger would be introduced in the market--marked For MEN ONLY. nyehehehe.

Survey says:

Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.

When men spend the night with a bed mate their sleep is disturbed, whether they make love or not, and this impairs their mental ability the next day.
The lack of sleep also increases a man's stress hormone levels.According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.


How did he come up with the conclusion?

Here's the methodology:



Each couple was asked to spend 10 nights sleeping together and 10 apart while the scientists assessed their rest patterns with questionnaires and wrist activity monitors.

The next day the couples were asked to perform simple cognitive tests and had their stress hormone levels checked.


So they found out that men did not fare well in the tests compared to women. This is one-of-those-I told-you so-articles-that-I-like to point to my ex-hubby whenever we have that friendly "brainstorming" moments about the superiority of our gender. mwehehe. See me with open mouth, raised brows sipping coffee while cradling the phone between my shoulder and my jaw while I dial his number . Shucks. Voice mail. "I am away from the phone right now but Janice is listening. Leave a message. Janice is his pet cat. He likes cats, you know. Ahem".

Now this is amusing.

Bed sharing also affected dream recall. Women remembered more after sleeping alone and men recalled best after sex.


I guess this does not apply to Filipino couples. Only to those with culture like this:

"Historically, we have never been meant to sleep in the same bed as each other. It is a bizarre thing to do.


"If you are happy sleeping together that's great, but if not there is no shame in separate beds."


Honestly, I am not comfortable with someone sharing my bed. Erase. then write again. Honestly, I am not comfortable with someone sharing my bed. Erase. then write again. Honestly, I am not comfortable with someone sharing my bed. It's not them??. ahek. It's about me.

I talk while sleeping... I even recite poems... Recite my whole declamation piece while sleeping with arms' movements included. When I am stressed in my work, I recited numbers that are found in the trial balance. I pity the poor pillow errm fellow that may bedshare with me.

THIS SEMI-FICTIONALIZED PART IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY TYLENOL-INDUCING SLEEP.ZZZZZZZ

Pinaysaamerika

No comments: